Win! A luxury seven-day holiday to Lanzarote
If after the long, cold British winter you fancy the warm Canarian sun enveloping you while holding a glass of something exciting, then this chance to win a lovely holiday couldn’t come soon enough.
You and a companion will be whisked off to beautiful Lanzarote, where seven days of bliss await. Whether it’s trekking the volcanic landscape or a more leisurely seafood lunch at a quaint fishing village, Lanzarote can be as peaceful or as lively as you like.
The fourth largest of the Canary Islands, it has a lot to offer while being small enough to not overwhelm. In 1993, Unesco declared the island as a Biospheric Reserve, which means it approaches tourism in a sustainable and culturally-mindful way (so that means not many high-rises to taint the view).
Lanzarote is well-known for its year-round sunshine (one of the Exceptional editorial team did a month-long winter stay, and had to be dragged back kicking and screaming).
With a lovely mix of traditional Canarian towns and beaches, the island really does make the most of its natural beauty and climate and it welcomes visitors of all ages.
If this sounds like the right tonic after a long, bleak winter, then click the button below to enter now. Prize draw closes 30 April 2023.
What’s included in the prize?
- Return flights and transfers
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- All inclusive: free bar open up to 12 hours a day
- Included excursions to Playa Blanca on market day (half day) and Arrecife walking tour (half day) – available on holidays up to 31st October 2023
- Access to the hotel’s Prestige Lounge and bar
- A choice of two restaurants, three bars and three pools at the hotel
- Proximity to the Puerto Calero marina, with its shops and cafés
- Unlimited access to the hotel’s spa; the option of a range of sports
- Fruit basket and sparkling wine on arrival, and daily afternoon tea with cakes and biscuits
- Local walks organised in conjunction with your Saga Host
- Free Wi-Fi and hotel porterage, and a coffee-maker in your room
Terms and conditions
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter (see condition 20), their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and understand the eligibility requirements for the prize (see conditions 7, 8, 9 and 12 below).
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via www.saga.co.uk/prize and only one entry per household is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 11.00am on Friday 17th March, 2023. The closing date of the prize draw is 11.59pm on Sunday 30th April 2023. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed or submitted, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical fault, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure, of any kind.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw from all qualifying entries, performed by a computer process on Wednesday 3rd May, 2023 (“Draw Date”).
- The winner will receive a 7-night Saga holiday to Lanzarote for two people as specified in the prize details, travelling on your choice of any available departure date between 8th May and 30th June, 2023 and 1st September and 30th December, 2023. Please see the Saga website to view available departures. All dates currently have good availability, and we will endeavour to accommodate the winner’s first choice. However, should the preferred date have sold out or be subject to cancellation, an alternative will be offered. The lead passenger must be aged 50 or over and their travel companion must be aged 40 or over. Except for the meals stated above under ‘Included in the Prize’, the prize does not include food and drink, spending money or personal expenses. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the lead passenger.
- The prize excludes travel insurance, which will need to be arranged by the winner at their own cost. Saga will require satisfactory evidence that both passengers are adequately covered as a condition of travel. If travel insurance cannot be obtained, the winner may transfer their prize to a friend or family member (see condition 12).
- The prize is subject to Saga Holidays’ booking conditions for Tailor-Made Holidays which are available here. The lead passenger and their companion must be available to travel, hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents, and have complied with any vaccination requirements (including against COVID-19) for the holiday in question, on the travel dates specified.
- The prize is supplied by ST&H Limited (trading as Saga Holidays), Enbrook Park, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) by Monday 8th May, 2023 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, no cash alternative is offered, and it cannot be transferred to an alternative departure date beyond the specified date range or otherwise amended. If the winner and their companion are unable to travel on the relevant departure date for any reason (including, for example, as a result of not being able to arrange adequate travel insurance), the winner may transfer the prize to a friend or relative on the same terms as set out in these conditions and subject to Saga Holidays’ booking conditions.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org or writes to Saga Magazine Editor, Enbrook Park, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the Draw Date. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Statutory rights are not affected.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is Saga Publishing Limited of Enbrook Park, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE.
Written by Lou Dearden
Anna-Louise (mostly known as Lou) is Editor in Chief of Saga Exceptional’s newsletters.
A journalist and editor since the ‘90s (when lunches were considerably longer – and louder) she’s written for The Guardian, Total Film, Glamour, Sky and Vogue. She’s also collaborated with huge brands like ASOS, Barclays, House of Fraser and Tesco.
Having cut her teeth in the food and drink industry, she’s been lucky enough to visit vineyards and Michelin star restaurants – as well as much less salubrious, but no less fun destinations. And as editor of a film magazine for six years, she’s interviewed stars like Michael Palin, Sandra Bullock, Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn. She once had a boozy lunch at the Dorchester with Robocop and fell asleep on the train from London, waking up in Nottingham (not her destination).
A Mental Health First Aider, Lou is passionate about wellbeing and happiness, and is constantly seeking out experiences that inspire awe (even the every day, little ones). She has two children, who she managed to get to 18, so is now looking forward to travelling out of the insanely expensive school holidays.