Win! A new iPad and £1,000 of John Lewis vouchers
This competition is now closed. Thank you to all those who entered – and congratulations to Margaret!
To celebrate the launch of Exceptional.com, we’re giving one lucky reader the chance to win a brilliant prize combination: the new iPad, worth £499, and £1,000 in John Lewis vouchers.
Saga Exceptional is the new website from the historic brand, a place where readers can get access to best-in-class consumer advice, brilliant features to pique your curiosity and inspirational stories, bringing us the jaw-dropping tales from our audience.
- 9 top designers tell us their ‘cheat’ paint brands and colours
- Sitting all day? Try these 4 alternative office chairs
- How to take the chore out of kitchen cleaning
We’re also getting our readers involved on a deeper level too – our Experienced Voices Panel is made up of you, the experts uniquely placed to offer their insights and opinions across our buying advice.
What can I win?
Apple’s new iPad, launched late last year, is a powerful upgrade on the tablets you’ve seen before. Featuring the same angular stylings as the high-end iPad Pro range, the new slate offers brilliant screen technology, Apple Pencil support and a powerful new engine to get more done.
For those that hanker after a redesigned room or the chance to splash out on a beautiful piece of furniture, then you’ll be able to use your new iPad to browse the best of John Lewis online, working out the best way to spend your £1,000 voucher.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This competition is open from 00:01 GMT on 24 January 2023, to UK (excluding Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter or the Supplier, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 07 February 2023. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per household. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter, please complete the form above and correctly answer the question.
- All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 08 February 2023. Winners will be selected randomly.
- The prize for the winner is a new iPad 2022, and £1,000 in John Lewis gift vouchers
- The winners will be notified via email by midnight on 13 February 2023.
- The prizes will be sent to the winners via post within 30 days of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- The Promoter is Saga Media, of Enbrook Park, Sandgate, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 3SE.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Saga reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw the competition at any time, without notice.
Written by Gareth Beavis he/him
Gareth is Saga Exceptional’s Chief Content Officer, overseeing all the prose, pictures and video that appear on the website.
He was previously Global Editor in Chief of TechRadar, one of the world’s largest and most prominent technology websites, and has appeared as a technology and fitness expert on the TV and radio for the BBC, ITV, Al Jazeera, Sky and many other outlets, as well as chairing panels on the world’s new and exciting tech.
A veteran journalist with a career spanning three decades, Gareth has reviewed every iPhone (bar the very first) and Apple Watch launched, as well as reviewing hundreds of other smartphones and fitness gadgets.
His high point was getting to travel the globe to new and exciting product launches, getting to see the latest tech before anyone else and being able to run in some of the most beautiful places on the planet; the low point being stuck in an office for hours because his ‘smart socks’ wouldn’t charge.
A ‘dedicated’ (read: obsessed) runner, Gareth has run over 16,500 miles, been lost in Indonesian jungles and has competed in hundreds of races. He has just completed his tenth marathon and is already contemplating the 11th… but this time, he knows he has to do the strength training and stretching required if he doesn’t want his running career curtailed.