Win! 1 of 3 Apple Watch Series 8 smartwatches
Upgrade your health, fitness and efficiency by winning this hugely-popular smartwatch
Do you ever look down at your wrist and wish that the watch that adorned it could just… do more?
Perhaps you’re thinking that it would be nice to get regular heart rate updates, perform a quick meditation or just reduce the need to reach for your smartphone to check if what you heard was a notification.
Maybe you’ve just started your running journey and are tired of not knowing how far you’ve gone, how fast or how many calories you’ve burned?
If any of this sounds like you, then we’re here to help with our latest competition.
So, what do I win?
Three lucky readers of Exceptional will get the chance to upgrade their wrist game with a brand-new Apple Watch, coming in a Midnight aluminium case with Sport Band and GPS connectivity .
The new Series 8 model has all the top-end features you’d expect from Apple, with things like crash detection, body temperature monitoring and water resistance to 50 metres.
In our testing, we found the Apple Watch 8 would often last longer than the 18 hours that it’s specified to last, even with longer workouts – but you’ll still want to charge it every day or so.
To that end, we’ve included an original Apple 20W USB-C charger, as the charging cable in the box comes with this newer port and we want to make sure you can get going with your new smartwatch right out of the box.
To win one of these brilliant smartwatches, just click the competition link below and answer two questions about great articles on Exceptional – and don’t forget to let us know whether you’d like to win the 41mm or 45mm version!
Please note: the Apple Watch Series 8 requires an iPhone 8 or later (launched 2017) running iOS 16, so do check your phone is compatible before entering.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This competition is open from 00:01 GMT on May 2 2023, to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter or the Supplier, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on May 18 2023. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per household. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter, please complete the form above and correctly answer the question(s).
- All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be entered into a prize draw which will take place by May 21 2023. Winners will be selected randomly.
- The winners will be notified via email by midnight on May 21 2023.
- The prizes will be sent to the winners via post within 30 days of being notified of their win.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these competition-specific terms and conditions, as well as Saga Exceptional’s wider Promotion Rules, which can be found here.
Written by Gareth Beavis he/him
Gareth is Saga Exceptional’s Chief Content Officer, overseeing all the prose, pictures and video that appear on the website.
He was previously Global Editor in Chief of TechRadar, one of the world’s largest and most prominent technology websites, and has appeared as a technology and fitness expert on the TV and radio for the BBC, ITV, Al Jazeera, Sky and many other outlets, as well as chairing panels on the world’s new and exciting tech.
A veteran journalist with a career spanning three decades, Gareth has reviewed every iPhone (bar the very first) and Apple Watch launched, as well as reviewing hundreds of other smartphones and fitness gadgets.
His high point was getting to travel the globe to new and exciting product launches, getting to see the latest tech before anyone else and being able to run in some of the most beautiful places on the planet; the low point being stuck in an office for hours because his ‘smart socks’ wouldn’t charge.
A ‘dedicated’ (read: obsessed) runner, Gareth has run over 16,500 miles, been lost in Indonesian jungles and has competed in hundreds of races. He has just completed his tenth marathon and is already contemplating the 11th… but this time, he knows he has to the strength training and stretching if he doesn’t want his running career curtailed.